I feel like there are 10,000 things going on in my life that I want to just get out of my head so I will just make a random post…have fun trying to follow along! ha!
• Tomorrow, Alden is a month old! I can’t believe it’s been a month already! It feels like yesterday, but I guess thats’s what being sleep deprived can do to you. I would never sleep again if it means I get to keep her here with me forever. She is such a good baby. I can’t wait to see how well she cooperates for her month picture tomorrow…I’m guessing she will be asleep. She is such a lazy little nugget of goodness; I guess being a newborn is hard or something 🙂
• I am extremely tired today. I know that I have had a really busy few days, but I just don’t feel right today. Here’s hoping I can get some rest soon, and start to feel normal.
• Shane’s been working 6 day work weeks, and it’s really starting to piss me off. I think we will love the paycheck, obviously, but I would much rather have him here with us.
• My sister gave us a code for a free week of Hello Fresh. Our first box came on Tuesday night. I am in love with it! I didn’t want to like it; I didn’t wanna be one of those people but damnit! I made two of the 3 meals so far, and holy crap they’re delicious. We kept the subscription for next weeks delivery too. I hope that it’s good because it’s $60 for 3 meals for 2 people (which isn’t bad at all considering a dinner out is around $60). I can’t wait to see if we really enjoy it as much as we have this week.
• I had company the past few days! A sweet lady whom I’ve been friends with for nearly 3 years came to visit from New York. She made the 9.5 hour drive to visit me for two days. I feel like we just fell into a normalcy that you rarely have with people and I am so thankful for her friendship. I’ve been feeling pretty shitty lately even with all the good things happening in my life and having her visit really helped me. We did normal friend things- Bruch, Target and then later we went to the movies. We also helped Landon ride his bike, and colored easter eggs! It was just a really really good time.
• I have so much laundry to do that I should totally be doing that instead of sitting here writing about absolutely nothing of importance. Like, where in the hell did all this laundry come from? I am just blown away. I think that because I’ve been having Landon get in the shower by himself (meaning I don’t go into his room to look at his laundry situation often) it’s just gotten out of control. Andplusalso, Laundry is a trigger for me (and I have no idea why) so it’s rarely able to make it from wash to folding to being put away in a day. I used to love it. Maybe that’s why I just can’t handle it now? Who knows.
• I want to build a new house. We’ve talked about it a lot, but there is a lot that I have my eye on so I came home today and drove past it. I really really like it, but I’m sure nothing will come of it because it’s attached to 16 acres of farm land and I’m sure the owners don’t want to just sell the random 4 acres of half wooded land and road frontage. Who knows. I now know who owns it thanks to the auditors website so we’ll see what happens with that…
• Our smoke detectors are beeping. One random beep every minute or so. I’m assuming that means one has a bad battery but Shane’s not here and I have no clue how to locate which one it is, let alone change it. UGH.
• I really need a vacation. I don’t know where to, or how I would even take one now with having a Newborn, but I need something. I don’t know where to, or when, but I really just need to get away. I wonder how acceptable it would be for me to go stay in a hotel alone for a night haha!
• Alden has her one month check up on the 18th. I have my 6 week postpartum check up on the 27th. I can’t believe how much time is passing already. It is just insane.
• Landon has started showing a huge interest in reading, and I need to find out if his school has a summer reading list because I don’t want him to fall behind. Also, he’s showing an even bigger interest in Math (this terrifies me cus I HATEEEEEEE math and suck so bad at it). I hope that the 2nd grade math workbook the easter bunny is brining him will be enough to hold him over this summer 🙂
And finally, I’m asking for everyone who reads this to keep a sweet friend of mine in their thoughts. She is in the hospital, at 23w4d and is fighting to keep her beautiful daughter inside as long as possible. Please keep her and her family in your thoughts. Send her all the love and good vibes you can.
I guess I should go motivate myself to do something.
You are such a beautiful soul.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Dear Randi, thanks for your support and that of your lovely readers too at this difficult time ((hugs)) 💕
LikeLiked by 1 person
lots of prayers for your friend and her daughter